I wanted to walk y’all through some of the things I like to do each year around this time to bring that cozy fall feeling into my home. Most of the decor I am going to show you is from Kirkland’s, Target, and Amazon. Kirkland’s ALWAYS has awesome coupons, so you never leave paying full price. Currently, they are having 25% off your entire transaction – Use Code: OPENHOUSE. Target is currently having some awesome deals on cookware including a 6 Quart Instant Pot for only $69.95! Below, I talk a little bit more about fall recipes I am excited to cook in my Instant Pot! Amazon always has good deals, and you just can’t beat their Prime membership with 2-day shipping. Also, if you live in Georgia (or you plan on visiting this fall), at the very bottom of my post, I outline some of my favorite local places to go for some fall fun!
Okay, so here are my 6 tips for decorating your home for fall:
Tip #1: Gimme all the Fall Scents
- Candles: Go to Target, Kirklands, or any store that carries your favorite candles and stock up on some yummy fall scents! Here are a few of my favorites:
- Cinnamon Broom: I find my cinnamon broom at Kroger each year. I love to just put it in a corner of a room and the scent lasts for a week or so, and then I will replace it. I found one on Amazon here as well!
- Mrs. Meyers Cleaning Products: I love that Mrs. Meyer’s has seasonal scents for all of their cleaning products. I always stock up when I go to Target. Some of my favorite Mrs. Meyer’s fall scents are:
Tip #2: Comfort Food
There is nothing like the smell of a good meal cooking in the kitchen on a crisp fall day. I am a huge fan of Crock-Pot and Instant Pot, so I wanted to share a few recipes that I am looking forward to try using with these two pieces of cookware!
- Crock-Pot: I love a good Crock-Pot meal! There is something about hanging out on a Saturday at home with the smell of a home-cooked meal in the air! I saw that they also have a Crock-Pot Express at Target, and there are so many good reviews! Here are a few Crock-Pot recipes I am excited to try this fall:
- Instant Pot: I love my Instant Pot because it is quick and easy and perfect for week night meals! I also purchased “The Essential Instant Pot Cookbook” from Target, which is 30% off right now! Also, a couple of my coworkers rave about all the different accessories that you can use with the Instant Pot, so I am going to try the Pressure Cooker Rack (for roasts, poultry, etc.), the Egg Rack, and the Pressure Cooker Steamer. Here are a few recipes I am excited to try:
Tip #3: Drinks & Drinkware-
It is always exciting to pull out the fall drinkware. I love a good copper mug to put a yummy cider in as well as a cute fall-inspired coffee mug to start your morning. Here are a couple of my favorite fall cups and recipes:
- Copper Mugs: I love to pull out my copper mugs during the fall season. Here are a couple recipes I am excited to try out using them:
- Fall Coffee Mugs: Here are a few of my favorite fall-inspired coffee mugs:
Tip #4: Fireplace-
I think this is the most fun area to decorate during any holiday! Not only is a fireplace really cozy to relax by during the chillier months, but it also a centerpiece in most homes! Here are some items I used to decorate my fireplace:
- Thankful Pumpkin with Buffalo Check Bow Easel
- White LED Lanterns with Foliage and Bow
- Hello Fall Pillow
Tip #5: Cozy up!
- Throw Pillows-:Hello Fall PillowGreen and Tan Fall PillowPumpkin Square PillowVelvet Green Toss Pillow
- Throw Blankets:Farmhouse Throw BlanketPlaid Throw Blanket
- Fall Signs:Vintage Fall SignGather Here with Grateful Hearts Canvas
Tip #6: Bring The Outdoors In!
- Pine Cones- I love to give my kids a fun mission and this is one they enjoy doing each year around this time. I give them both grocery bags, and they head outside to find me some pine cones for my center piece on my dining table. If you don’t have any pine cones outside your back door, here is a bag of 24 from Amazon!
- Pumpkins (real or fake)- I personally like to keep my real pumpkins outside on the front porch, so here are a few decorative options that I think would be perfect to style inside your home for fall:
- Wood Elements: I think it is such a cute idea to take wood from outside and use it to decorate. Here are a few fun ideas:
- Wrap your candle jar with twigs or cinnamon sticks. This idea will take any candle and give it a little more of that fall feel you are looking for!
- Take a glass vase and place twigs and pine cones in it for a easy and cost efficient way to jazz up that cozy fall vibe in your home!
- Last year, my husband and I cut down a small tree that was blocking our view of the lake and we cut it up to make some adorable wood coasters. If you don’t have any wood laying around in your yard, here is a set of 10 wood coasters you can buy!
If you live in Georgia, here are some places that I love to go to enjoy some fun fall activities:
- Scottsdale Farms: I love going here on the weekends with my family. This is the cutest place to go for breakfast and lunch. They have fresh food and delicious coffee, teas, and treats! They have a pumpkin patch, hayrides, and a mini cornmaze for the kiddos!
- Burt’s Pumpkin Farm: We go here every year with our family! The kids absolutely love their hayrides and they have the best pumpkin bread! Burt’s also has a large selection of pumpkins and other fall outdoor decor!
- Vogel State Park: We have made it a point to go to Vogel every year! We have stayed in their cabins before, but sometimes we will do a day trip just to walk and check out the waterfall!
- Helen for Octoberfest: This is a fun event in the adorable town of Helen, GA! It is very festive and a great time for adults!
- Blue Ridge Mountains: This is such a pretty place! The kids love to go up to Blue Ridge and play in the river. We have stayed in cabins up there before and it is just a great place to take the family for a long weekend trip!
P.S. – I get tons of questions about my home renovation / decor, so I wanted to share the links from each of the rooms below. As always, please let me know if you have questions!!!
Slice of Paradise: The Breakfast Room
Slice of Paradise: Home Renovation Journey
Slice of Paradise: Kitchen Renovation
Slice of Paradise: Dining Room Renovation
Slice of Paradise: Living Room Renovation
Slice of Paradise: Sitting Room
Slice of Paradise: Front Entryway Renovation
Slice of Paradise: Office Space
Leave a Reply